03 November 2010

NCAA Football: Purdue vs. Illinois

Here are some of my images from Purdue's game against Illinois on Saturday. The second image pretty much sums everything up. 


image name

image name

image name

image name

image name

image name

image name

image name

Tech Notes:
I learned an important lesson - I need to pay more attention to specific color channel highlights, especially when shooting JPEGs. When the game started, I had my picture controls set to +1 saturation. Big mistake. The increased saturation coupled with bright orange Illinois jerseys being lit by direct sunlight when I shot from the south end zone resulted in completely blown oranges. The Illinois players' jerseys were rendered as textureless orange blobs. I didn't realize the severity of the issue until halftime when I saw the images on a laptop, so for the rest of the game, I dialed down the saturation in-camera, which made the issue easier to fix in post with highlight recovery and a further reduction in red channel saturation.

No comments:

Post a Comment